A big part of the Euroa Health family.
Being a much loved part of a small and tight knit community, Euroa Health benefits from the service of around 150 individual volunteers all dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our residents.
Research recently conducted by Volunteering Australia found:
- Just a few hours of volunteer work makes a difference in happiness and mood;
- Sustained volunteering is associated with better mental health;
- Volunteering is associated with greater well-being, health, and longevity;
- The experience of helping others provides a meaning, a sense of self-worth, a social role and health enhancement, and;
- Volunteers often found themselves to be more confident and better leaders.
“I really enjoy helping others and knowing the difference I can make to the residents’ lives, even with simple activities such as organising footy tipping, assisting with bingo and indoor lawn bowls.”
David – Volunteer
Volunteer with us
If you would like to gain a sense of achievement, make lasting memories and positive connections with residents, staff and other community members, become a volunteer at Euroa Health. We have a range of volunteer roles at Granite Hill, Gilburn Day Activity Centre, and the Bowerbird Op Shop.
Applications are open and welcome all year round from individuals of various ages, backgrounds and cultures.
For more information or to obtain a Volunteer Information and Application Pack, please contact GraniteHill Reception Monday – Friday, or Phone (03) 5795 0200.